Saturday 4 June 2011

I like home education because...

I like it because...

we do it. Sometimes we do a lot of it, and sometimes we're just living, and sometimes you couldn't tell the difference between home education and living.

I like it because...

I can go to the toilet when I need to.

I like it because...

I meet interesting people who have brains and can tell good stories and jokes.

I like it because...

it's not rigid. I can change my mind, kick back, take the day off if my head decides it just can't cope.

I like it because...

it can make my teenagers likely to steam with outrage over injustice and population abuse.

I like it because...

it allows me to determine what I allocate in time to which activities.

I like it because...

I'm not just 'taking' it from someone else; although someone else might be giving knowledge I might choose to acquire.

I like it because...

I feel free letting the rhythms of my body clock determine what I do.

I like it because...

I see the struggles and the triumphs in my youngsters' lives; I see their varying moods; I see my youngsters. I don't just see them at the end of a long hard day in a school salt mine.

I just like home education.

Don't know why.

1 comment: